Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little bit of a size difference

I'm not entirely sure when we all became adults. Long ago, it was when you finished high school. You graduated, you got a job, you got married, you were grown up. But my generation is different. We flit around for years, blowing in the wind as it were. Or perhaps it is just me. Because one day, I woke up and it was 10 years from high school. 10 years. I was still blowing around but a quick glance around at my friends, and instead of the young-ins that I once knew, there were adults in their stead.

Scary.

Houses have been bought. Vows have been said. And now, the first baby of my close friends has been born.

There is no denying it. At the tender age of 28, I just can't get away from the fact that I am indeed an adult.

Last weekend, I headed up island to celebrate the birth of Cale. It's very strange to think of Rina as a mommy but when there is a baby in the room, there is no denying the fact. Cale was very quiet and basically slept through the shower. And I was relieved to find that my friends didn't go all "gooey" on me. The shower was basically adults hanging out with two babies in the room and presents for Rina.

At the end of the shower, I did a quick shoot with RIna. Didn't get exactly what I wanted but I got some salvagable images.

S.

No comments: