Friday, August 29, 2008

Another year. another job

I walked out of Treasury today. I turned my back on a decent job for a dream. I made myself damn happy.

This job was a god sent. Actually, that is incorrect. This job was a best friend sent. Because Jason found me the job. Who walks off a plane after living abroad for 2 1/2 years and 2 weeks later has a job?

I'm a lucky girl.

Because without this job I don't know where I would have been. I recklessly spent most of my savings in Europe. I refused to live with family. It could have gotten bad. But soon the money was coming in and there was enough to save.

The job was boring and made me want to shoot staples into my eyeballs some days. But the people were fun. And that does make all the difference.

I sure don't regret the year I spent at this job. I learned some thing. Mostly I learned, that despite my saying in a loud voice for 3 months in Japan about how I really really really wanted to work a "corporate job", it is soooo not me. I'm not a corporate girl. I'm not a repetitive girl.

Nothing tried, nothing learned.

I walked out of Treasury and into the next step of my life.

Yay.
S.

No comments: