Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello Nathan

...maybe. They haven't quite decided as of yet.

Almost 2 weeks past his due date, and Nathan finally decided to show himself. Perhaps he's a little shy. Maybe he's a tad lazy. Maybe he likes inertia. Maybe he's like my dad.

Tammy was going to be induced on Saturday the 8th. I told her last week that he'd be born on Friday, just to be difficult. And low and behold... I was right. I love when I'm right. The other thing that I hadn't thought of is that Friday was the 7th. I was born on Sept 7th. Nadine was born on Jan 7th. Guess Nathan knew that. Or something mystical. Blah blah blah. Easy for my dad to remember, all his kids born on the same number.

I guess I'll go see him next week.

I went shopping today. I'm trying to dress more grown up. So, I was changing in the change rooms when something white flashed on my head in the cold light. Oh my god. Grey hair! I've had grey hair for about 5 years but it's always been underneath were nobody could see it until I safely plucked it away. This one was... right... in ... my part. And very obvious against my dark hair and red highlights.

My brother was just born and I'm aging before my very eyes.

Lovely.
S.

No comments: