Monday, March 10, 2008

Simple Pleasure

Life is meant to be enjoyed, neh? It's easy to forget, it's easy to take for granted.

I was just reading one of my favourite blogs, Zen Habits, and it reminded me that we do need to take time to enjoy the little things. Even cliches. So here are some of mine.

  1. Ice cream.
  2. Long walks on beautiful days.
  3. Roisin Murphy on my Ipod.
  4. Sleeping late.
  5. Going to bed early.
  6. Heavy rain, to stay home, listen to as you read a book.
  7. Light rain to go and get drenched in.
  8. Long showers.
  9. A cat's purr
  10. Teriyaki salmon and green beans (my dinner tonight, yummmmm)
  11. Making cookies on Christmas eve.
  12. Dancing like maniac in my apartment.
  13. The moment the plane takes off.
  14. Talking with a friend until you fall asleep.
  15. Kurt Vonnegut books.
  16. Good pens and new notebooks.
  17. The Princess Bride.
  18. Standing by the ocean with the breeze making your hair fly.
  19. Gin and tonics.
  20. Sushi and green tea.
  21. Scrapbooks.
  22. Photo shoots with friends.
  23. The moment you pay off all debt.
  24. Plants with names (the one next to my computer is Bernard).
  25. Cherry blossoms to make you know that winter is over.
Life is good. Must remember that.
S.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

I like that ice cream is first.