Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Guilty Conscience

I was minding my own business. A girl has a right to head for the grocery store listening to music very loudly and ignoring everyone around me. Normally when a person tried to talk to me, I just pretend like I can't hear them. It's very efficient. I hate stopping and talking to people I don't know. It's just.... so .... friendly. Ick.

The problem was he was just so cute.

So, I took out my earphones. He was saying something about Greenpeace. I was looking at his pretty teeth.

The next thing I knew "I already donate to Greenpeace" was coming out of my mouth. He smiled, gave me a high five and told me I rocked. I accepted said compliment and then went into the grocery store.

The thing is... I don't donate to Greenpeace. Or Amnesty International, to whom I lied to yesterday (he wasn't near as cute, dreadlocks don't do it for me). If I was going to donate, it would be these two organizations. I would love to donate. But I have no spare money. Sure, I'm making decent money but I'm not actually sure where it goes.

But why the lie?

I think I just wanted the pretty boy to think I was a girl with a conscience rather than a girl with an addiction to jewelry.

S.

No comments: